Friday, August 24, 2007

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!


Well, this is it. I am pumped! A new ministry year kicks off this weekend at LifePoint.
For Children's Ministry (infants - 6th grade) that means promotion. Chloe will now be in KidPoint Green (the older pre-k class), Rachel will be in BreakAway (4th-5th grade), and Hannah will be in 6th Street (just for 6th graders). Hannah is also serving on the presentation team for KidPoint. Last week she met with her team and brought home a cool puppet and some scripts.
I am so excited about the nursery team this year. Most of them are returning from last year, but we have some great new additions as well. There are 56 members on the nursery team that will be staffing the 4 rooms for the 3 services.
Yes, I said 3 services! This weekend we will begin having a Saturday evening service at 5:30 in addition to the 2 Sunday morning services. During the Saturday service, classes will be offered for infants - 3rd graders. Our family will be worshipping together on Saturdays. And on Sundays, Lance and I will be working while our kids go to their classes and serve.
It has been an amazing summer and I can't imagine what is in store for us this fall. I love this place!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I am excited for you.

Kelsey said...

Yay! I'm so excited too!

Kristen said...

That sounds great. I love Saturday night services.