Friday, March 07, 2008

Smokey

I got into Lance's car this morning to take Rachel to school and immediately noticed that it smelled all smokey, like cigarettes. We don't smoke, so this was strange.

I am the kind of person who has to know the story behind everything, and if there is no obvious explanation available, I will come up with what I think probably happened. So, my mind began working as I drove to school. The best reason for the smell that I could come up with was that maybe Lance had picked up a smoking hitchhiker or someone who needed help on his way home from work the night before. (If you know Lance, you know that this is a possibility).

After leaving for work this morning, Lance came back into the house to say his car was all smokey. I told him my theory. I was wrong. His car was left unlocked and parked on the street in front of our house last night. I wonder who used it to get their nicotine fix?

8 comments:

Chad said...

Come on Amy and fess up . . . I've known about your problem for years. Seriously, that is strange. Maybe you could leave the car unlocked with a surveillance camera in the dash.

Robert Conn said...

STAKEOUT... You could Camp up and hide in the darkness. Ambush them and then... well, I don't know what then, but the first part would be fun!

Stephanie said...

that's just creepy amy!

Amy said...

Even creepier is the fact that some stuff that is always in a compartment under the radio had been moved and the ash try was pulled out. That's not how Lance left things last night. Someone was definitely in that car.

Jenn said...

Ewww!!!

That's VERY creepy!! I leave my car unlocked in the driveway... maybe I should start locking it.....

Jodie said...

That Grayson! We knew he was a handful but sheesh he's startin' young!

ross, julie, xixi, and zach said...

that is the weirdest thing I've ever heard! you have some sketchball neighbors!

Jen said...

Nice neighborhood you have there!YIKES!