Tuesday, May 27, 2008

4 Days of Parties

My weekend began with party #1, Hannah's slumber party, on Friday night. Her birthday is in April, a very busy month, so we waited until May to let her have a few friends over to celebrate. She and three of her best school friends enjoyed pizza, cookie cake, some late night swimming at the YMCA, and watching Enchanted.

I did some shopping with my girls Saturday afternoon, then we came home and planted some flowers in our front yard. I cleaned up and headed to church while Lance and the girls went to party #2 at our across the street neighbor's house. I checked kids in, played, sang, served snack, changed diapers, cleaned up, took out the trash, locked up the nursery and drove home to join my family. The party was still going when I arrived, and there was plenty of great food. We enjoyed the beautiful view and amazing sunset from the deck.

The girls had a friend come home with them from church Sunday, and she went with us to party #3. This one was a birthday party at our friends' house down the street for their 2 year old son. Again, lots of great food, beautiful weather, and great views from their deck. The girls' friend left later that night, we put Chloe to bed and the rest of us watched National Treasure 2. It was good, but I fell asleep during parts of it.

Monday morning I woke up and went for a nice long walk in my neighborhood. Later that morning Lance mowed the yard and power washed our house. I made some baked beans, then we loaded the car and took off to party #4. This one was at the Fullen's house. It was a fun evening outside with incredible food and friends, and of course, some cornhole. I found my camera in my purse and took a few pictures while we were there.

This weekend really has me ready for summer. Maybe it was all those great meals on the grill.

Only 8 more full days and 2 half days of school!

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

Wow. That's a lot of parties! Sounds like a lot of fun.

That's all I have to say!