Thursday, October 05, 2006

Not This Car

The other day Lance's car battery died. He was at the bike shop not too far from home and he called me to come help him. I had meat cooking on the grill and food in the oven so it was going to be a little while before I could get to him. A guy in the parking lot was getting into his car so Lance asked him for help. The guy immediately said "I don't have cables." Lance said "I do." Then the guy said "Not this car," and left. He was driving a Lincoln, which I guess he thought was too good a car to help out our Mitsubishi. When I heard this, I just thought how different it was than my usual interactions with people. It is rare that we ever run into someone so selfish and unwilling to help. It was really encouraging to be surprised by this guys response.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

couldn't lance have just biked home...he was at a bike shop after all. I can't believe the Lincoln guy. that is unbelievable.

Amy said...

He didn't have his bike with him.

Mom of 6 said...

Oh yeah, welcome to MD -- no southern hospitality!!

Todd Wright said...

that never would have happend with that champagne dodge lance you used to have...that thing kicked tail

Robert Conn said...

Sorry Lance, I was in a hurry!