Thursday, December 13, 2007

Party Time

Birthday parties are great fun. They are also a lot of work and super expensive. When we made the move to Maryland 4 years ago, instead of having big parties every year for the girls, we decided to begin having birthday parties for them every other year. On the non-party birthdays we still do special things with our family and sometimes a few close friends. We still make a really big deal out of celebrating the special day.

I am loving the every other year party thing. And, I must give some credit to my friend Suzie. She does parties for her 6 kids every other year, too. And talking to her helped me decide to make this change. I mean, come on, there is great pressure to have a big blowout every year. I am glad to have freed myself up from this. I think my kids still have a chance at becoming normal, well adjusted adults someday even though they only had birthday parties every other year.

Well, this year Rachel's birthday was Thanksgiving week. It was her 10th, double digits, a big deal. So, we celebrated her all day (really all week) long. It was also a party year for her. Here are a few photos from the big day that I am finally getting around to posting.





















3 comments:

Danielle said...

Those are great pictures! Looks like she had a great time. I'm back to blogging Amy. Love ya!

Jen said...

Amy,

You are a nicer mom than me! Our kids get parties at 5, 10 (sleepover), and 16. I hope they'll be normal and fairly well-adjusted too! :-)

Amy said...

Well, I should have talked to you, Jen. I like your plan even better!