Monday, January 07, 2008

Only at Wal-Mart

I turned down an aisle at Wal-Mart the other day and my path was blocked by a family with a skunk. I think I said "Wow!" when I noticed the animal. The family proceeded to turn toward me and the lady brought the skunk closer. She assumed that I wanted a better look at the thing. It was brown and white, not black and white, so I verified that it was indeed a skunk. I was completely stuck on the aisle with this family and they weren't moving anywhere but closer to me. So, I asked if skunks made good pets. I was told that they made great pets and that this skunk was a year old and slept with the woman holding it every night. She continued to hold the skunk near me, and told me that it wouldn't bite. I didn't know what to do but pet it. So, I did and then they moved aside so that I could get to the light bulbs I needed and continue my shopping.

I am convinced that the above would only happen at Wal-Mart. Never at Target. Two completely different clienteles. But, that's a whole other post.
On a side note, my kids are crazy about animals. I went to the web to find a picture of a skunk like the one I saw to show them. There I found out that pet skunks are illegal in 30 states, including Maryland. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Like I said in my previous post, we've got ALL kinds in Maryland! Yes we do!!!

That's Carroll County for ya! :-)

Susie Moore said...

Haha! Nobody tells a story like you Amy. Thats hilarious! And I agree with you... only at Walmart.

jen said...

that is so funny ... i won't admit that i live within walking distance to that store
!