Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Fun

I am headed up to PA for the weekend with my good friend Julie. She is speaking at a women's retreat for her former church, and I am tagging along for moral (and prayer) support. It should be a fun weekend to get away, spend time with a friend, and meet some new people.

I ran by the Westminster Wal-Mart this morning after dropping the girls off at school. I have been avoiding that place for the last couple of weeks because of the complete remodel going on inside and outside the store. Honestly, this is one of the nastiest Wal-Mart stores I have ever been in, so I am glad for the face lift. When I walked in today, I was thrilled to see that there were all new shopping carts in the store and they were large! One of the worst things about my local Wal-Mart has been the mini carts that they provide. I can put Chloe in one along with a 12 pack of Charmin double rolls and that thing is full. I don't get it. The senior adult employee that helped me get my cart this morning just didn't understand my excitement over this change.

Well, I'm off to grab my bags and kiss my husband goodbye. Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Have fun Amy! I say next year we take a whole cheering section for Julie!!

Katie said...

I've been praying for Julie this weekend! I hope you get to meet my best friend Melis too - she goes to that church!

Kelsey said...

I missed you this weekend! I hope you had fun!

Amy said...

I did meet Melissa! And, got to talk to her for a while. She is so sweet.

Kathi Roach said...

Amy, that is so cool. I don't know Julie, but I know who she is. How awesome is that? I'm sure she was glad to have you there for support.

How did she get started speaking? Just curious.