Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Thursday

[The following took place on a Thursday, and should in no way be confused with the My Friday movement]

My day started with Kindergarten orientation with Chloe at 9:00. Hannah, Rachel, and a friend that stayed with us the night before accompanied us. Chloe met her teacher, checked out her class room, made a new friend, took a ride on a school bus, and loved every minute of it.

We got back home at 11:00 and Lance called soon after that. He was headed home from this year's Ride of Passage trip and needed to be picked up at the church in about 30 minutes. I headed to the church with all 4 girls, and helped Lance load up his gear. We picked up lunch around 12:45 at Chick-Fil-A and came home to eat.

At 2:00 Rachel and I headed back to the school for open house so that she could meet her 5th grade teacher and look around her class rooms. At 2:30, Rachel and I left the school, stopped by the house to pick up her violin and music, and took off for her 3:00 violin lesson.

We returned home at 4:00. At 4:30 Hannah's friend was picked up by her dad. At 5:00 I began making dinner for the kids (Mac and cheese and Chicken nuggets). At 5:30 another friend arrived to spend the night.

At 6:00 Lance and Rachel left for her soccer practice. I cleaned up from dinner and played outside with Chloe and her neighborhood friends until dark. After the practice Lance and Rachel picked up another friend that would also be spending the night. They got back to the house around 8:30. A little later, the 5 girls and I tried out a new recipe. After that I cleaned up the kitchen.

During the kitchen clean up I told Chloe to put on her pjs and snuggle with her dad for a little bit until I was finished. This is how I found her in the living room at around 10:30.




















4 comments:

Christina said...

ahh. that's cute. Fell asleep before she could even get her second leg up on the couch.

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

I'm amazed that you were able to get everyone where they needed to be all through the day! No wonder you are great at running the Garden!! I think life is hectic with two little ones, but I see that it just gets crazier the older they get!

Shelly Conn said...

That's great!

Kathi Roach said...

Cute!!