Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Recipe

We tried this recipe recently when we had a couple of friends spending the night with us. All 5 girls enjoyed mixing their individual cake, watching it cook, then eating it. Thanks for the fun recipe, Mom.
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
4 tablespoons cake flour (plain flour, not self-raising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla
1 coffee mug
Put dry ingredients in mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla essence, and mix again. Microwave for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise above the top of the mug while cooking.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Aw! How fun! Looks yummy! I miss those girls! Tell them I said HEYY!

Amy said...

Sounds yummy and fun! I will have to remember this one!

Shelly Conn said...

That's cool.

Brooke said...

I just got that recipe in an email from my mom! Must be making it's way around.

Ericka said...

Oh how fun. I cant wait to let the kids try this. We are always cooking and baking. We even do a cup cake of the week...Tell your mom thank you for us too! Oh how I miss you. Cant wait for you to come back for a visit.

Shelly Conn said...

We tried and it worked! It was good too.